Tuesday 14 February 2017

MODULE 4

For this module, we have been working on Collaborative Story telling. I specially liked the Floding Story site but it had a little problem, all my students have to create an account and I preferred to use something which does not involve that So I finally decided to work with Padlet and GoogleDrive.

As for the Padlet, we are working with the topic of bullying, cohabitation and mediation at my tutorial classes. We decided to watch a video called 'The Buterfly Circus'. What we have done in class is:

  1. Watch the Video
  2. I give them time to think about it.
  3. In turns, the students come one by one to my computer, and they try and contribute to the story I started to finally explain what we saw in class. As it was an activity we did during my tutorial class, it is written in Spanish. 
  4. Finally we put what we wrote together and we share impressions
This is how the Padlet looked like before starting, as I presented it to my students:
This is the final result:
https://padlet.com/mantoniamut/circodelasmariposas

As for the second task, I decided to do something with my 4th ESO group,  I created a drive using the template provided in the course and gave my students an opening sentence and an opening picture. They were asked to continue the story in the turns assigned (ramdonly) contributing with text and, if they found/had time to create any, appropiate pictures.
This was their first impression...

This is the process and result:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ENhByB5S0pIHX05cpiBXclPghZQpBw8kM_qGBEkPk_k/edit?usp=sharing

As we were doing the activity, the idea of piblishing our final result on the Highschool Blog raised, and I tols them that, as some of the students are very creative, we could maybe create some pics to illustrate our story and we might be publishing it as well in the Highchool magazine that we give to all of our students at the end of the school year.

We've been having fun in class and I'm happy it all seems to run smoothly! Hope you also enjoy our final products!

No comments:

Post a Comment