Tuesday 7 February 2017

MODULE 3

In this module, we have learnt different resources we can use for storytelling, I've been going through the different links and decided to use a voki, an avatar and presentation on line creator, and then i decided to try a video creator, and went through PhotoPeach.
I finally decided to use these two as they looked attractive and suitable for my purposes as I was browsing and getting first impressions I must say I loved the ComicMaster site, but it did not adapt well to the story i wanted to create, so I'll probably leave that for another topic we work with! Here are my 'tries' and impressions on the tools used:.


  • First of all, as stated above, I used voki to create a presentation to go through the settings of Tom Sawyer, a book we've been reading in class:


http://www.voki.com/presenter/playPresentation.php?id=80e213f90914534f69637179dcbda7df

I must admit that, as I was doing the presentation, I found this page a bit too basic, but I'd say that if you pay for the complete version it should be more useful. I wanted to edit transitions, timing before we move from one slide to the other, choose what appears first, and with the free trial I could not do that. The final product as I did it could be useful if I click 'pause' after the avatar is speaking, because the way i have prepared it requires some interaction.


  • The second resourse I used was PhotoPeach, where I made a video with the pictures from the book, I added some text to describe the story and could insert music to it very easily. Here's the result.
https://photopeach.com/album/xnuw9i

What I liked about this website, is that it is much more practical than voki. it loads fast, it's easy to introduce the pics and the comments (which can even appear in the form of a quiz to make it more interactive) and it's super easy to include music as you can use music from youtube to accompany your presentations. Yeah, true, with music from youtube you cannot download it, but anyway, you can always use it online! I completely loved this site!

Well, hope you enjoy my pieces of work and that you don't get tired of reading the same story! :P

Take care and see you on next module!

No comments:

Post a Comment